Du'kiel, city in The Outlands!

Definately Outlandish!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > STATS

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

It has been a long time in the making, but I think it's time to get back to work... so I will try to keep regular posts happening. Please contribute what you can.

--

Pretend this is a real signature.

April 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Racial stats are the BASE stats for non-mods/admins. You may not come asking for modship/ admin, you will be asked by US.

--

April 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

The main stats are as follows: STR(strength), DEX(dexterity), AGL(agility), INT(intelligence), END(endurance), LCK(luck), PER(perception), CHR(charisma), WIS(wisdom)

The only stat that you cannot manually upgrade is your WIS, you need to do wise things that can earn you up to three points to put to your stat. You also can lose WIS points.

--

April 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Stat loss is at the discretion of the game director and can come from something like getting kicked in the head by a horse(causing the loss of maybe 6 INT points temporarily).

--

April 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Drevae: STR; 3D6, END; 1D8, AGL; 4D4, INT; 2D8, DEX; 3D12, CHR; 2D4, PER; 6D6, LCK; 2D4, WIS; 2D4

April 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Human: STR; 2D6, END; 1D6, AGL; 3D6, INT; 2D12, DEX; 1D20, CHR; 4D8, PER; 2D4, LCK; 4D6, WIS; 2D8

April 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Elf: STR; 3D8, END; 2D8, AGL; 2D6, INT; 4D4, DEX; 2D8, CHR; 3D8, PER; 2D12, LCK; 2D6, WIS; 1D20

April 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Dwarf: STR; 4D8, END; 3D8, AGL; 3D4, INT; 2D6, DEX; 2D6, CHR; 1D12, PER; 2D20, LCK; 1D10, WIS; 1D8

June 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Halfling: STR; 2D6, END; 2D8, AGL; 3D10, INT; 6D4, DEX; 3D10, CHR; 2D8, PER; 4D6, LCK; 3D4, WIS; 3D8

June 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryanoff
Administrator

I was thinking of the idea of coding Status Effects (Strain, Bleed, Regeneration) that boost/lower stats and health and can work two ways: temporarily, using a timer, and perminently, only going away when leaving a certain area.

--

July 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

At first I wanted to have a simple paper and pencil RPG. Now that you have this new ability to script... WE ARE SET!!! Carry on my good fellow.

--

September 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryanoff
Administrator
What can I say, I'm good at learning stuff. Now I just need a computer again...
--

September 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Considering this new system to be, when Ryan gets tech'd, I will be writing the ASPECTS of things in general. Let the thech-head deal with the complications.

--

September 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Attack damage will be derived from your strength times your level, plus any other bonuses, including luck.

--

October 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

About the stats we have on our char pages, we need proper places for their use, for example; strength will determine strength based things, such as coupling with agility or dexterity to make running speed. When in combat, the stats are only used if both parties tie on the dice roll to hit(D20, the higher number wins, each hit gets a roll). If it's a tie, bothe parties are deadlocked until one uses a "Breakaway" move. A breakaway move is the use of one stat that can cause a different effect depending on the stat. Both parties' stats are compared, the higher one wins. Strength breaks through the lock and causes damage to the loser, agility or dexterity allow the winner to slip from the lock and dance back out of harms way, luck allows the winner to take advantage of a "lack of vigilance" in their opponent.

--

October 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Other stats are useful in combat for other reasons. Intelligence can be used with a "Target Analysis" which allows the player to gain a +(1d6), but only if they score 16 or higher on a 20 sided die.

--

October 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Masaru Valyre
Administrator

Magic users can also perform a mana blast that acts as a VERY powerful breakaway move. All they need is enough mana in their pool that can cause half their opponents' health to be taken as damage. The loser, always the one who gets hit by the mana blast (roll to dodge), goes flying 2D20 metres and their HP is halved (obviously). If they hit a sharp object, always apply bleed, if the resultant damage from the blast is above 400 DMG, they are paralyzed with pain for 4 melees.

--

October 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by Zhirael over a year ago
by Masaru Valyre over a year ago
by Masaru Valyre over a year ago

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Jul 21 All Day
Sunday Jul 22 - Monday Jul 23
Sunday, Jul 21 All Day