Du'kiel, city in The Outlands!

Definately Outlandish!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > The Plan: Phase 1 - The World

Ryanoff
Administrator

Alright, lets be honest, as far as getting this flash game done and test ready, we don't have a name, a single bit of code, or any general idea of what we're doing except in our heads seperately. Thats why I'm proposing something i've recently discovered in my Technomancy Research Booklet (How to Make A Game for Idiots), I believe it's something called a "Plan". I've divided this plan into phases, with this being the starting phase.

Phase 1 will be all 3 of us creating our own seperate worlds, legends, and ideas. Think of it this way, If you could create a freeworld MMORPG, what, specifically, would it be? What towns, items, people, legends, and adventures would be there? I want you to draw and/or write your own world, being as creative and detailed as you possibly can. I hope that by all of us doing our own thing, we can merge all of those ideas into a single, completely epic game. And besides, its kinda hard making something while going "What if Masa/Superior wants this here instead of that or this to look like him and be there", you get the idea. Draw monsters, write legends, loot dungeons, slay dragons, make progress that will be eventually cut into 1/3 and jumbled into the madness of your friends creations. Hrm, I think i need to read more into this, "Planning" thing. 

Lets all try to get in contact with each other over the summer to show around our ideas and mix them into something awesome. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to draw me a map of my MMORPG world, Middle Earth! Central Earth! I'll think of a better name later...

--

October 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryanoff
Administrator

personally, this is a great way for me to pass the time until i get a new computer. Can't wait to see what you guys are doing

--

October 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by Zhirael over a year ago
by Masaru Valyre over a year ago
by Masaru Valyre over a year ago

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Jul 21 All Day
Sunday Jul 22 - Monday Jul 23
Sunday, Jul 21 All Day
Monday Jul 22 - Tuesday Jul 23